Veg Thai Curry Quinoa is a warm, comforting, satisfying and rich in flavors dish that is loaded with veggies and of course quinoa makes a healthy alternate to rice. This dish may be served alone or with other accompaniments in any meal. The flavors of this dish will excite your taste buds, and satiate your appetite . Try it and let us know…
- Quinoa – 1 cup
- Green Thai Curry Paste – 6 tbs
- Coconut Milk – 1 cup
- Onions – 1 medium sized chopped in 1 in cubes
- Bok choy – 1 cup chopped
- Asparagus – 1/2 bunch chopped
- Cauliflower – 1 cup florets
- Broccoli – 1 cup florets
- Eggplant – 1/2 italian eggplant chopped into 1 in cubes
- Zucchini – 1big or 2 small chopped into 1 in cubes
- Mix color peppers – 1/2 of each or 2 cups chopped into 1 in pieces
- Indian Cottage cheese (Paneer) or Tofu – 1 cup in 1 in cubes (not in picture; for Vegan version use Tofu)
- Oil – 2 tbs
- Salt to taste
Above list of vegetables is what we used. You may adjust the quantity and add or remove as per your preference or availability. For example you may skip some of the the above and add mushrooms, carrots, snap peas, etc. The thai curry paste in the above ingredient list is a home made paste (click here for the recipe). If you are using a store bought paste than quantity may have to be adjusted based on the paste flavor.
- Heat oil in a wide pan and add onions when oil is hot. Don’t cook too much. Let it be crispy.
- Continue sauteing and add bok choy.
- Add asparagus and mix.
- Add cauliflower and continue sauteing.
- Now add broccoli ad mix.
- Add other vegetables and saute. Don’t overcook the vegetables to maintain crunchiness.
- One the saute is done, add Thai curry paste and salt to the vegetable mix in the pan.
- Now if you wish, you could add your choice of protein. I used Indian cottage cheese (Paneer). Other option for vegetarians is Tofu.
- After mixing the vegetables in pan, add the coconut milk. Let it simmer for a few minutes
- Then add quinoa and additional half cup of water. Cover it with a lid and let it cook.
- Once all the liquid is absorbed by quinoa and if it is cooked, just fluff it with a fork and serve with some basil and lemon wedges.
Recipe Variation: Another way of serving is to cook quinoa separately and then serve Thai curry over the quinoa or on side. But with the above method, quinoa absorbs the most flavor of green Thai curry.