Vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free Homemade Thai Green Curry Paste recipe using all fresh ingredients in few quick steps. A healthy alternative for Thai curry paste with no preservative or no additive. Simply mix all the ingredients, blend, and ready to use. To reduce your work further, make a double or triple batch of this and freeze it.
For your next dish where you want to use the same flavors, all you have to do is pop some cubes out of the freezer.
Use for Quick Weeknight Dinner Recipes
Cooking is not just for those who have a lot of pleasure time to spend in the kitchen. Busy families also want to put healthy and fresh meals at the family dinner tables. You can make the Thai Green Curry paste over the weekend and freeze it. Then during the weekdays, you can use it for recipes like vegetarian Thai Green Curry Quinoa.
Just saute the vegetables of your choice in an Instant pot, add quinoa, frozen curry paste cubes, and coconut milk. Let the IP (Instant Pot) cook while you set up the dinner table and your warm fresh healthy meal will be ready just in time.
Green Curry Paste Made-from-Scratch with No Preservatives or other Adulterants
One of the key ingredients for any Thai green curry recipe is Thai green curry paste. Most people would usually buy it from a store assuming it is complicated to make. More affluent and health-conscious consumers will go for the high-end organic brands of green curry paste. However, you’ll be surprised to see how simple it is to make your own Thai Green Curry paste from scratch at home and then store it for extended use later.
Modify Recipe Based on Taste or Dietary Preference
Another big advantage of making Thai Green Curry paste at home is that you can modify the ingredients as you need. For example, I need my Thai curry paste to be vegetarian and especially do not like the smell or taste of fish oil. So, my recipe for that green curry paste is completely vegetarian and has no fish oil also. I used some of my favorite veggies such as lemongrass, green Thai chilies, shallots, garlic, galangal, cilantro, and basil with coconut milk, Soy sauce, and Lemon juice.
Now if you don’t eat garlic, just don’t add it and substitute it for something else. To make it Gluten-free and wheat-free substitute soy sauce with Tamari.
Homemade Vegan Thai Green Curry Paste
additive. Simply mix all the ingredients, blend and ready to use. To reduce your work further, make a double or triple batch of this and freeze it. For your next dish where you want to use the same flavors, all you have to do is pop some cubes out of the freezer.
- ½ cup Coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon Soy sauce for Gluten or Wheat Free version use Tamari instead
- 3 tablespoon Lemon Juice 3 tbs or more depending on taste
- 60 gms Lemon Grass 3 stalks chopped
- 5 oz Green Thai Chilies 12 to 15 chilies depending on your spice level
- 4.5 oz Shallots 3 medium size chopped
- 5 gms Garlic 4 to 6 cloves based on taste
- 100 gms Galangal three thumb size pieces; if you not able to find galangal then use ginger instead
- 10 gm Cilantro 3 cups chopped leaves and stems
- 1 cup Basil 1 cup
- Put all the ingredients in the blender.
- Blend till you get a fine paste and you are done.
- If you feel like, you can taste the curry and personalize it according to your taste by adjusting the spices. Remember, this is not cooked, so it is going to taste little strong. Now you can use this curry past in your dish or you can store it for future use, like I do.
- Freeze these and then whenever you need Thai green curry flavors, simply pop a few cubes and use them.