These Veggie Bean Quinoa Patties are delicious and healthy. They are filled with the goodness of beans, quinoa, vegetables, and walnuts. In other words, these low-carb quinoa patties are high in fibers and proteins. When combined with multigrain healthy bread and accompaniments such as avocados, cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes, etc., will make a mouth-watering burger.
Burgers are all-time favorites for both adults and kids, however traditional fried potato patty burgers fall under the category of high calorie, low nutrition junk food. By modifying the patty components, burgers can be turned into a healthy food choice with enhanced taste and nutritional value.
Health Benifits of Main Ingredients in Quinoa Patties
Quinoa is an increasingly popular seed that is used in pilaf, salads, patties, soups, and more. It is primarily grown as a grain crop (Chenopodium quinoa) to harvest its seeds. Quinoa is considered a healthier option compared to rice and wheat because of its high protein and high fiber content. It is also high in various vitamins and minerals such as vitamin-B, vitamin-E, magnesium, iron, calcium, potassium, phosphorous, etc. Lastly, it is a good source of anti-oxidants and a popular gluten-free option.
Beans are full of proteins, vitamins, complex carbs, minerals, and anti-oxidants. All these nutrients along with low cost make it a very popular food choice in several countries. Beans are considered to be heart-healthy, help regulate blood sugar, are easy to digest, and reduce cancer risk.
Walnuts are packed with plant-based omega-3 fats, along with high amounts of copper, manganese, molybdenum, and biotin. They are known for reducing the risk of prostate cancer and breast cancer.
Different Ways to Relish Quinoa Patties
You can use these patties in different types of burgers, wraps, kathi-rolls, with pita bread, just as a cutlets or on-the-go snack. The more creative ones can use molds to make these patties in various shapes depending on the occasion.
Freezing Quinoa Patties for later use
The best part of all is that you can make them in bulk and freeze them to use over the course of 3 to 4 weeks. For freezing, stack them in a glass container, separated by butter paper. Close the lid and freeze them for future use. When you feel like making something, just pop them out of the freezer, grill them and enjoy!
Veggie Bean Quinoa Patties
- 100 g Onion ½ diced finely
- 50 g Bell pepper ½ of each color diced finely
- 50 g Carrots 1 medium sized grated
- 50 g Beetroot 1 medium sized grated
- ½ cup Corn kernel
- 1 cup Quinoa 1 cup cooked
- 1 cup Red kidney beans Boil to cook if using dry beans or you may use canned beans
- 1 cup Black beans Boil to cook if using dry beans or you may use canned beans
- ½ cup Walnuts Roasted and roughly chopped
- Breadcrumbs As required
- 5 g Green chilies 2-3 Finely chopped
- 20 g Cilantro Chopped
- 1 teaspoon Salt As per taste
- 1 tablespoon Roasted cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Red chili flakes Per taste
- 1 teaspoon Dry mango powder Or lemon juice (1 tbs)
- 1 tablespoon Roasted cumin seeds, 5 g Green chilies
- 100 g Onion
- ½ cup Corn kernel
- Then add grated carrots and beetroot. Continue to sauté on high to evaporate the liquid from the vegetables.50 g Carrots, 50 g Beetroot
- Now add all bell peppers and again continue to sauté them on high for a minute while stirring it continuously. After that, add beans and half mashed them with a masher.50 g Bell pepper, 1 cup Red kidney beans, 1 cup Black beans
- Switch off the heat and let it cool down.
- When its cold enough to handle with bare hands, transfer the mixture into a mixing bowl and add quinoa.1 cup Quinoa
- If you have not already roasted and chopped the walnuts, now is the time to do it while mixture is cooling. Add the walnuts along with quinoa and mix.½ cup Walnuts
- Add cilantro as well and give it a good mix at the end.20 g Cilantro
- Finally, add all the spices (salt, roasted cumin seeds, lemon pepper seasoning, red chili flakes and dry mango powder/lemon juice) and mix.1 teaspoon Salt, 1 teaspoon Lemon pepper, 1 teaspoon Red chili flakes, 1 teaspoon Dry mango powder
- Keep the coated cutlets in fridge for 1 hr.
Subha Gopi says
Tried today.Taste is out of the world. Healthy ingredients! But patty started falling apart when I tried to pan fry . I followed the recipe to the dot. May be still water in vegetables or its whole grain bread crumbs not powdery enough. Not sure!! So then coated with maida / corn flour batter to hold it together!
Mamtha Dhulipala says
Amazing recipe. Kids loved it and the best part is every ingredient is a nutritious add-on !
Chanchala Agrawal says
All of your recipes are exceptional. Please add more recipes.. 🙂
I got some frozen patties from Sarika. Had to go to your website to check out the recipe. Not sure when I will make it but great stuff. Loved it. 🙂
Rupali Agarwal says
These patties or some other patties you got from Sarika??? Thank you my dear, I am so happy that your are liking my recipes. I need to start putting more great stuff on regular basis. Keep cooking:)