Lip-smacking and healthy homemade trail mix recipe made with oven-roasted oats and nuts. This savory trail mix (Namkeen) has the goodness of whole grains, unrefined oils, natural fats & proteins. If your family, kids, or guests are high on munching savory snacks, then this oven-roasted oats and nuts savory homemade trail mix is a much healthier option compared to any store-bought mixtures.
Store Homemade Trail Mix for Later Use
This savory trail mix can also be stored in air-tight containers at room temperatures for two to three weeks and longer when refrigerated. Last but not the least, this easy recipe only takes 30 minutes from start to finish and there is no chopping, cutting, or any other kind of prep work involved. You can even involve your kids in making it and make them the part of the fun.
Healthy Oats and Nuts in Homemade Trail Mix
Both Oat and Nuts are known to be heart-healthy foods. Oats are often referred to as power foods since they are full of proteins, fibers, complex carbohydrates, and also a source of many vitamins and minerals. Nuts are packed with heart-healthy fats, protein, vitamins, fiber, and minerals. They also have L-arginine, making arteries less prone to blood clots by making them flexible. Nuts are also rich in antioxidants and are a strong anti-inflammatory. Lastly making it at home gives you the assurance of no adulterants and unhealthy saturated fats.
Homemade Trail Mix – Oven Roasted Oats and Nuts
Lip smacking and healthy homemade trail mix made with oven roasted oats and nuts.
Trail Mix Recipe Ingredients:
Homemade Trail Mix Recipe – Oven Roasted Oats and Nuts
- Preheat oven to 275oF.
- Mix oats and all the nuts except raisins (or munaka) in a mixing bowl.1 cup Rolled oats, 1/4 cup Peanuts, 1/4 cup Split cashews, 1/4 cup Silvered almonds, 1/4 cup Whole pistachios, 1/4 cup Pumpkin seeds, 1/4 cup Walnuts
- If your coconut chips are thick, add now or thin, then add towards the end of the roasting process.1/4 cup Coconut chips
- Now add sugar to it.1 tbs Sugar/honey
- For tampering, heat oil in a pan. When oil is hot, add mustard seeds, cumin seed, sesame seeds and curry leaves. Let them splatter for some time.4 sprigs Curry leaves, 1 tsp Mustard seeds, 1 tsp Cumin seeds, 1 tbs White sesame seeds, 1/4 cup Choice of oil
- Add this tampering to nuts and oats mixture and then give it a good mix.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread this mixture evenly on it.
- Place the baking sheet on center shelf and keep stirring the mixture every few minutes for even roasting. It took me 20 minute, you might need to adjust the time for different quantity.
- If you did not add the coconut chips in the starting before roasting, then add now.
- When done, take the baking sheet out from oven and add raisins (or munaka) along with all the spices. Mix the whole mixture and again spread evenly on the sheet.1/4 cup Golden raisins or Munaka, 1/4 tsp Black pepper, 1/2 tsp Chaat masala, 1/4 tsp Salt, 1 tsp Dry mango powder
- Switch off the oven and place the baking sheet back into oven with slightly opened door.
- Your oats and nuts savory trail mix is ready. Let it cool down completely before serving. Store in an air-tight container for two to three weeks.