Protein packed mint flavored veg-quinoa with chickpeas, edamame and Indian cottage cheese (paneer). Though it is very yummy by itself, since it is full of flavors or you can have it with some yogurt, however it tastes best accompanied by kadhi and papad…
- Protein source:
- Mint flavored green paste:
- First of all cook quinoa till it is 3/4 done and keep it aside.
- Boil chickpeas al dente, we don’t want mushy chickpeas keep it aside.
- Steam edamame pods shell them and keep it aside.
- Take all the ingredients for green paste and run into a blender and keep it aside.
- Heat some oil in a wide open pan, add hing and cumin seeds wait till seeds cracked.
- Add sliced onions and fry it for 2-3 minutes.
- Following that add cauliflower and broccoli florets cook for another 5 minutes on medium heat.
- After that add carrots, mix peppers, edamame and mix everything.
- Sprinkle all the spices and give it a good stir.
- Now add green paste and cook for another 5 minutes.
- After that add chickpeas and paneer, again mix everything.
- Finally, add quinoa mix, cover, switch off the heat and leave it for 10-15 minutes and let the steam work on absorbing all the flavors into the dish.
- Before serving sprinkle some lemon juice and enjoy.
As mentioned above, it is very yummy by itself, since it is full of flavors or you can have it with some yogurt, however it tastes best accompanied by kadhi and papad.